Author Topic: SDCC help  (Read 6004 times)

Offline PolarisTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
SDCC help
« on: January 10, 2007, 09:31:54 AM »
Hi everyone

Anyone has experience with this compiler? I have been trying days after days trying to compile a simple program to light up a LED but fruitless. My target PIC is 18f252 and compiling on WinXP platform. If you are also on it, will be glad to exchange pointers on this. Many thanks

Offline Militoy

• Expert Roboticist
  • Helpful? 0
Re: SDCC help
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 01:33:39 PM »
I'm using one of the MPLAB C-compilers to target PIC16's and 18's, but I'd be interested in following your progress using the SDCC. The SDCC home page indicates that getting it to work with PICs is "A work in progress". Are you part of that effort?

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 06:06:18 PM »
hmmmm Im not familiar with this compiler . . . does it give compiling errors or it just doesnt compile?  ???

As Militoy said, "Work is in progress on supporting the Microchip PIC16 and PIC18 series." Might not work at all, yet . . .

for reference:
http://sdcc.sourceforge.net/

Offline PolarisTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 04:50:40 AM »
I'm using one of the MPLAB C-compilers to target PIC16's and 18's, but I'd be interested in following your progress using the SDCC. The SDCC home page indicates that getting it to work with PICs is "A work in progress". Are you part of that effort?

Nope,am not part of the effort, am using it for my project though. Well, not really true, it actually works but only limitation that it works for only a range of PIC versions but it is good enough to build a decent normal application. The installation comes with the C header files but the only drawback is that it is not for the faint-hearted as documentation is not comprehensive enough, no sample programs and maybe difficult for those new to software language. In short, one has to get one hand dirty.

Update you guys once i get it working  ;D ;D ;D ;D pray hard

Get Your Ad Here

data_list