Author Topic: Finishing up servo controller and I need a small favor...  (Read 1774 times)

Offline nidalxbotTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Finishing up servo controller and I need a small favor...
« on: September 11, 2014, 09:02:24 AM »
I'm here for not so long and one of the first things to post on this forum is: I would like to ask you for a small favor.

I'm close to finishing design of a controller box for RC servos which should be done in a few weeks and I was wondering if you guys and gals could answer a few questions and help me make it even better.

I've been working on this controller during August and am wraping up the design in a week or two so I can have prototypes shipped to me before Halloween.

It will be able to control 16 servos, will have power supply for servos, USB connection to PC with Java and C/C++ programming interface, UART connection for the same interface. There will be a simple software for Win/Mac/Linux that can be used to control servos and write and run control scripts in Lua.

Now, I need your help here. Before I wrap up everything and send it off for prototype manufacturing I want to make sure that I've covered as much as there can be. Basically I would like to maximize return for money paid for prototypes (it's never cheap :)

That's where you come in. Please take a few minutes and just let me know, out of top of your head:

A) What would you put in/on this servo controller based on your experience/desires:

B) As far as electronics go, what would be the number one thing (or two...) you would put on this servo controller board? (uSD card? 32 servo connectors? LCD? pot to control servo position? anything...)

C) As far as PC software goes, what would be that most important function (or functions :) to implement? (scripting? mouse control? saving settings? graphs? whatever...)

Of course, if there's anything else you would like to write about servo controller(s), please do :o)

Thanks!

Offline nidalxbotTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Re: Finishing up servo controller and I need a small favor...
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 11:38:43 AM »
Btw, this is for standard, analog R/C servos.
I'm building animatronic dinosaur for Halloween and intend to use it for that at first and later on for other projects that have R/C servos in it.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list