go away spammer

Author Topic: $50 robot Pololu AVR Programmer 6-Pin ISP Cable Pinouts  (Read 6013 times)

Offline jambotTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
$50 robot Pololu AVR Programmer 6-Pin ISP Cable Pinouts
« on: August 14, 2010, 11:04:05 AM »
Hello,

I am not sure how to trace the pinouts from the Pololu programmer, where they are well defined, to the opposite end of the 6-pin ISP cable to be sure that my PC board headers are correct.

I am sure this is a newbie question, but I have to get it right and little is found online for this subject.  Currently, when I connect the Pololu AVR programmer to my circuit headers with the battery connected, the PC driver is installed correctly (constant green light), but the connection is not correct (red light is flashing).  The circuit voltage appears correct.

I have attached pictures of the programmer (prog.jpg) and free connector (conn.jpg) with comments to explain my question.  There is a small arrow on the programmer that seems to indicate that the cable's red line is the MISO cable.  Then, on the free connector, an arrow on the back side seems to indicate that the red line connects to the upper-right female header connection.  Am I interpreting this correctly?  I ask because if this is so, I have to reconfigure my circuit headers which will not be easy.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Offline Razor Concepts

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 53
    • RazorConcepts
Re: $50 robot Pololu AVR Programmer 6-Pin ISP Cable Pinouts
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 11:32:36 AM »
Red line goes to VDD

Target connection diagram

Offline jambotTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Re: $50 robot Pololu AVR Programmer 6-Pin ISP Cable Pinouts
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 02:21:48 PM »
Thank you for the quick response. It looks like I will need to resolder the programmer headers like I thought based on this diagram.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list