Software > Software

Webbotlib Studio FBoot only works the first time!

<< < (3/6) > >>

Webbot:
Have installed your attached bootloader hex file
Set fuse settings as specified in my setup ie 512W_7E00
I can then program your project hex file, and others, as many times as I want - all successfully - using the FBoot bootloader.

The ONLY way I can get it to fail  is to leave the hardware programmer, AVRISPMKII, attached to the board - as it causes a RESET during programming. Appreciate you are using the Dragon programmer (but I dont have one - so hard to compare).

So am somewhat at a loss why you are seeing something different.

Clutching at straws then you may need to unplug other/all hardware - as I have nothing connected to my AxonII when testing this - as I have no idea what your hex file does. Devices that control RESET or have high power needs (hence may put a large  drain on a non-charged capacitor could cause the bod to reset the board ) are the main suspects.

But for testing it would be best to disconnect all devices. If that works (as it does for me)  then try adding devices back in until it fails.

Hero I:
I disconnect my AVR Dragon programmer after programming the bootloader.

When using Webbotlib Studio's FBoot, there is nothing connected to my Axon II except for the USB cable and power source.

Webbot:
Yep - and that's how I have stuff. But for me everything works!!

Given that we are both using the same version of FBoot on the board (written by another supplier - ie not Webbot nor SoR but from a 3rd party), and that a bootloader from the pc end can only upload a flie (ie Webbot and everyone else just use the API) then I'm very confused why it works differently. Since WebbotLib Studio is going through the same comms API as any other bootloader client (fboot command line or McUber) then I am mega confusd.

Perhaps its the same when using other software at the computer end? Or do you get success when using A.N.Other programmer? Or does everything fail?

Hero I:
I'm assuming when you used the bootloader and program that I sent you, you attempted the programming of the Axon II all from a Windows 7 64 bit computer? Is that correct?

Webbot:

--- Quote from: Hero I on October 08, 2014, 01:57:33 PM ---I'm assuming when you used the bootloader and program that I sent you, you attempted the programming of the Axon II all from a Windows 7 64 bit computer? Is that correct?

--- End quote ---

Yep - Windows 7 (Home Premium) 64 bit

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version