go away spammer

Author Topic: L293D motor driver  (Read 6404 times)

Offline sandeepgillTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
L293D motor driver
« on: September 27, 2008, 12:52:34 AM »
hello ,
i just faced a new problem while operating the L293D motor driver ic.
The situation is like this:
I am not giving any logic supply input (Vss) and motor supply input(Vs) at pin nos 16 & 8 respectively. I just provide it with Enable voltage of 5volts at pin no.1 and two inputs 5v and 0v at pin no. 2 & 7 respectively. The motor is connected at pin nos 3 & 6. Also i have given ground potentials at pin nos 4,5,12,13. Guess what motor is running slowly at a voltage of 2.45volts and a voltage of 3.84 is developed at Vs & Vss.
I have even tried pulling the Vs & Vss supply terminals at ground potential via pull down resistor or a bypass capacitor for even noise suppression. It does not work.
Can anybody tell me what is the reason behind it and how to solve this problem.

Offline Ro-Bot-X

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 25
  • Store: RoBotXDesigns.ca
    • Ro-Bot-X Designs
Re: L293D motor driver
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 05:59:00 AM »
Pin 8 is motor power, where you should connect the positive lead from the motor battery or the unregulated voltage directly from the main battery.
Pin 16 is IC power, should be connected to regulated positive 5V.
Pins 1, 9 are the enable pins, they should be tied to +5V if you want the motors to operate or to ground (or unconnected) if you want the motors to coast to a stop.
Pins 3, 6 and 11, 14 are the logic input pins, tie them to the microcontroller to drive the motors.
Pins 2, 7 and 10, 15 are the motor output pins, tie them to the motors.
Pins 4, 5, 12, 14 are ground pins.

Now it will work!
Check out the uBotino robot controller!

Get Your Ad Here

data_list