Author Topic: $50 robot breadboard issues  (Read 2411 times)

Offline CallumSTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
$50 robot breadboard issues
« on: August 02, 2015, 07:09:34 AM »
Hello.

I'm using a breadboard for the robot, but I have encountered some problems. It would be good if someone could help me solve them.

My first is that the headers that the socket (the one that you make from single-row headers) that the Atmel AVR programmer connects to, can't be placed in such a way as for it to be the programmer to connect to it on a breadboard - or, at least, I can't find a way how it could.

In order for the different sides of the socket to not be connected to each other, I have to have it straddling two sets of columns of holes. There's a picture that might make it easier to understand.

I can't see how I can do this differently. Thanks in advance for any replies! I'll be happy to provide any other information that you might need. :)

Offline Plague

• Helpful? 0
Re: $50 robot breadboard issues
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 11:39:20 AM »
Initially,  I used the breadboard for the 50$ robot. What I did was use a couple of jumper wires instead of the male header for the programmer. And connected them (using more jumper wires)  to their corresponding pinout of the ATMEGA.  Or you just connect the jumpers directly to the ATMEGA. I can post a picture of you want.

Offline CallumSTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 01:22:25 PM »
Sounds good. I'm pretty sure I understand. Thanks for the fast response.

Offline Plague

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 01:46:39 PM »
No problemo. Good Luck.   8)

Get Your Ad Here