Author Topic: Bioloid Beginner Kit from Robotis / Voice Capability  (Read 2296 times)

Offline olivasalexTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Bioloid Beginner Kit from Robotis / Voice Capability
« on: September 18, 2012, 06:13:58 PM »
I am a mechanical and aerospace engineering major (haven't started school yet) however I just started to learn about robotics / programming etc on my own time and very interested and fascinated by robotics.  I am wanting to get the  Bioloid Beginner Kit from Robotis as something for me to learn the mechanical aspects as well as the software C language  associated with the robot...

Anyways, does anyone know if this is a good kit to start with for a beginner? Any other recommendations?

Also, is it possible to add a voice/speaking capability to this particular robot by using other parts ?

What is it that gives a robot a voice/speaking ability?

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
Re: Bioloid Beginner Kit from Robotis / Voice Capability
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 01:22:15 PM »
Hi,

Anyways, does anyone know if this is a good kit to start with for a beginner? Any other recommendations?
Please post a link to what you want us to judge.

Also, is it possible to add a voice/speaking capability to this particular robot by using other parts ?
Speech can be added to all controllers, as long as it has got free I/O lines.

What is it that gives a robot a voice/speaking ability?
A speach synth. which can be made in several ways - some are based on gluing together phonemes, some have a (limited) vocabulary of complete words etc. They're controlld in different ways as well.

If you just want a limited vocabulary, a specialized MP3 module can be used as well.
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Get Your Ad Here