Author Topic: Query..  (Read 1332 times)

Offline robakerTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
Query..
« on: February 21, 2010, 03:42:09 AM »
1.what kind of microcontroller understanding is required to make sure with reasons , a electronic component is to be attached to a particular pin of that microcontroller?
for eg if one has AVR ATmega8 , any book or articles to master this microcontroller?

2. In PID CONTROL line follower robot posted by prateek, it would be beneficial if there is any more details to make its PCB.
 Thank you.

Offline duste83

• Helpful? 0
Re: Query..
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 08:25:10 AM »
Get the datasheet.  A google search for AVR AT mega8 datasheet will produce a pdf.  That will usually tell you everything you need to know about the chip and how much draw each pin and port can handle.  there are several articles for microcontrollers.  Try the manufactures web site and Nuts and Volts has had several articles in the past year for the atmel.  I picked the Microchip PIC there are several different types and sizes and all the datasheets are easily available.  I also have a book "Programming and Customizing PICmicro Microcontrollers".  It wasn't as helpfull as the datasheet, but it had some great information that wasn't available in the datasheet.  The programmer I got is the PICKit 2 witch is in-circuit-serial-programming capable and the assembly programming environment was free.  Microchip also has tech support that will help if your in a bind. 

Offline Pratheek

• Contest Winner
  • Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 3
    • Probots
Re: Query..
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 10:05:49 AM »
2. In PID CONTROL line follower robot posted by prateek, it would be beneficial if there is any more details to make its PCB.
I have put up the PCB layout and the artwork in the tutorial, just print it to size in the highest possible resolution and proceed with the PCB etching(google "PCB etching at home" for procedure).

If its your first robot try the $50 robot instead. It is much more simpler and the building process is given in detail.