Author Topic: The velleman Voice changer Mod  (Read 2826 times)

Offline RushmooreTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
The velleman Voice changer Mod
« on: June 21, 2015, 01:26:22 AM »
Hey there!

Before I begin, I confess that I am an electronics noob and I apologize for asking such stupid questions. Ahem. Ill begin:

So I want to use the velleman voice changer, the device modifies the speakers voice in real time, however I do not want this. I want to be able to record a message then press a button to hear the modified voice. How can I do this?

Offline mklrobo

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
  • From Dream to Design at the speed of Imagination!
Re: The velleman Voice changer Mod
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 09:37:36 AM »
 ;D Hello!
I would offer a suggestion, where permissible;
Sparkfun used to offer a voice recorder, that recorded about 120 seconds.(dedicated, small memory)
I imagine, use that kit to record your voice, but when playback is activated, feed the audio through
the voice changer.
This way, your original voice file is not corrupted, and you can always listen to
the changes that were made; to have a avenue of comparison, so to speak. (you can hear how  :o weird it gets!) You can do the same thing with a digital recorder; just feed the audio into the voice changer, and Volia!
Instant Alien! :o  (or whatever you want.  ;) )  Good Luck!!!   ;) :D ;D

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 09:48:38 AM »
Hello! Thanks for your reply! Just a quick question: When you say "feed the audio through the voice changer" how would you actually do this? circuit wise?
Thanks amigo! :):)

Offline mklrobo

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
  • From Dream to Design at the speed of Imagination!
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 05:30:33 PM »
 ;D Hello! 
Your question;
When you say "feed the audio through the voice changer" how would you actually do this? circuit wise?
I assume the voice changer has either a speaker or 2 wires feeding into the input of the circuit.(?)
If a speaker, you will need to take the "hot", or positive wire FROM the recorder (via ear plug) and
feed it through a capacitor. Polarized, so the positive part of the capacitor is going TO the voice changer. (Usually 1 - 10 microfarads) using a capacitor in this way is called, a blocking capacitor. It blocks the DC (direct current), and lets the AC (alternating current) through, which is, the pure audio. The grounds can be hooked up directly. The blocking capacitor protects both circuits from shorting each other out, depending on the types of amplifiers internally used (unknown)
If just 2 wire input, find the "hot" or positive, and hook the capacitor in line accordingly.  ;D
You may have to play with the levels of microfarads, to get it right. if you hook it directly, you
might have a boo - boo!  :o
If you want a way to playback just the audio, and then the voice changer afterward. put a
double pole, single throw relay (or switch) in line. the normally closed version goes from the recorder to
a speaker; when the relay is activated, the normally open contacts pass the audio to the voice changer,
and Voila! the voice is changed!
Sparkfun and velleman has electronic kits that can do the interface for you, I am sure. It is not critical,
just a little tedious. Good Luck!!  ;) :) :D ;D

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 01:48:47 AM »
Thanks so much man! This helped so much!  ;D ;D

Get Your Ad Here