Author Topic: New in Axon2 & COM PORT 12 problems...  (Read 1680 times)

Offline hardmouseTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
New in Axon2 & COM PORT 12 problems...
« on: January 10, 2011, 08:11:38 PM »
It might sounds dumb for a total beginner. I followed the steps and tried couple times but always end up getting following message:

Build started 10.1.2011 at 20:28:32
avr-gcc -I"C:\myRobots\Axon2_WebbotLib\..\WebbotLib"  -mmcu=atmega640 -Wall -gdwarf-2 -std=gnu99 -DF_CPU=16000000UL -Os -funsigned-char -funsigned-bitfields -fpack-struct -fshort-enums -MD -MP -MT Axon2_WebbotLib.o -MF dep/Axon2_WebbotLib.o.d  -c  ../Axon2_WebbotLib.c

../Axon2_WebbotLib.c:42:38: error: i2c_master.h: No such file or directory
../Axon2_WebbotLib.c:46:22: error: hardware.h: No such file or directory
../Axon2_WebbotLib.c: In function 'appInitHardware':
../Axon2_WebbotLib.c:53: error: 'GPS_UART' undeclared (first use in this function)
../Axon2_WebbotLib.c:53: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
../Axon2_WebbotLib.c:53: error: for each function it appears in.)
../Axon2_WebbotLib.c:53: error: 'GPS_BAUD' undeclared (first use in this function)
../Axon2_WebbotLib.c:54: error: 'USB_UART' undeclared (first use in this function)
../Axon2_WebbotLib.c:54: error: 'USB_BAUD' undeclared (first use in this function)
../Axon2_WebbotLib.c:55: error: 'WIRELESS_UART' undeclared (first use in this function)
../Axon2_WebbotLib.c:55: error: 'WIRELESS_BAUD' undeclared (first use in this function)
../Axon2_WebbotLib.c:56: error: 'OTHER_UART' undeclared (first use in this function)
../Axon2_WebbotLib.c:56: error: 'OTHER_BAUD' undeclared (first use in this function)
../Axon2_WebbotLib.c:59: error: 'USB_ACTIVATE' undeclared (first use in this function)
../Axon2_WebbotLib.c:62: error: 'bank1' undeclared (first use in this function)

../Axon2_WebbotLib.c: In function 'appControl':
../Axon2_WebbotLib.c:85: error: 'bank1' undeclared (first use in this function)
../Axon2_WebbotLib.c:99: warning: implicit declaration of function 'update_sensors'
../Axon2_WebbotLib.c:101: error: 'lightLeft' undeclared (first use in this function)
../Axon2_WebbotLib.c:101: error: 'lightRight' undeclared (first use in this function)
../Axon2_WebbotLib.c:104: error: 'left_wheel' undeclared (first use in this function)
../Axon2_WebbotLib.c:105: error: 'right_wheel' undeclared (first use in this function)

make: *** [Axon2_WebbotLib.o] Error 1
Build failed with 19 errors and 1 warnings...

Looks like I am having problems to place all these files and directory but just not sure where to place them properly. Also I notice my COM PORT goes to 12 already and bootloader seems support C1~4 only. What should I do to have my AXON2 register within the working range?

Truly appreciated for anyone could give me a hand. Thanks!!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 10:50:20 PM by hardmouse »

Offline BANE

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 4
  • E=roboticsC^2
Re: New in Axon2 & COM PORT 12 problems...
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 09:04:11 PM »
hey i just my axon 2 today and had that same error.  to fix it just go back to the part in the tutorial where you are browsing for webbotlib again.  I went back and did that again and it fixed it.  make sure to pay attention to admin's note about not having any spaces in the address because that was another problem i had.

as far as the bootloader, i tried to use my windows 7 64bit computer and in the device manager the axon came up as com8.  so i had to do everything on my computer with vista and everything worked fine.  so im guessing its with the newer OS or something

good luck
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 09:08:12 PM by BANE »

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 09:34:50 PM »
as far as the bootloader, i tried to use my windows 7 64bit computer and in the device manager the axon came up as com8.  so i had to do everything on my computer with vista and everything worked fine.  so im guessing its with the newer OS or something

good luck
Same here! I just got it today too. So I can't wait to give it a first try.
So, COM8 works for you? I only see option 1~4 and I manually typin com12 and doesn't work. Searched about reset com port but not much info yet.

Offline BANE

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 4
  • E=roboticsC^2
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 07:57:19 AM »
no com8 didn't work (i read that fboot only supports com1-4), so i ended up using my backup computer which the axon shows up as com4. 

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 01:38:17 PM »
If you use WebbotLib Project Designer, it creates a pre-configured AVR Studio project file for you. Very nifty.

How to Program Axon II in PD

As for the bootloader, here is the thread to prevent double posts:
http://www.societyofrobots.com/robotforum/index.php?topic=10493.0

Unfortunately FBOOT, the bootloader, only works on real ports (com 1 to 4), and not virtual ports (all others). The source code is available (see above link) for anyone willing to reverse engineer and improve it. I tried, but I'm a mechanical engineer not professional programmer so eventually I gave up. :-X

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 11:22:19 PM »
That's the very detail and clear video up there. Everything seems works fine and that project is fantastic for beginner like me!! Strongly recommended.
I have made a small test and bring it to AVR studio and tried to compile it but error still there:

Build started 12.1.2011 at 00:13:11
avr-gcc -I"C:\myRobots\WebbotLib"  -mmcu=atmega640 -Wall -gdwarf-2 -std=gnu99 -DF_CPU=16000000UL -O0 -funsigned-char -funsigned-bitfields -fpack-struct -fshort-enums -MD -MP -MT demo2.o -MF dep/demo2.o.d  -c  ../demo2.c
avr-gcc -mmcu=atmega640 -Wl,-Map=demo2.map demo2.o   -L"C:\myRobots\WebbotLib"  -lWebbot-ATmega640 -lm -lc  -o demo2.elf
demo2.o: In function `initHardware':
C:\Users\hardmouse\webbotlib\default/../hardware.h:80: undefined reference to `ServoBank_Init'
make: *** [demo2.elf] Error 1
Build failed with 1 errors and 0 warnings...

I solved the port problem and force the COM port 3 to AXON2 and I think it works~

Offline Webbot

• Expert Roboticist
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 111
    • Webbot stuff
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 01:29:39 PM »
@hardmouse
My fault I'm afraid !! Added some stuff into Project Designer recently and I have less time on my hands to do as much testing as I used to have. But hey ho.

Run Project Designer again (whilst connected to the internet to auto-download the latest version) and then do the 'Tools | Generate' option again. The result should then compile ok - I've tested it  ;)

Thanks for your patience.

Webbot
Webbot Home: http://webbot.org.uk/
WebbotLib online docs: http://webbot.org.uk/WebbotLibDocs
If your in the neighbourhood: http://www.hovinghamspa.co.uk

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 07:49:52 PM »
@hardmouse
My fault I'm afraid !! Added some stuff into Project Designer recently and I have less time on my hands to do as much testing as I used to have. But hey ho.

Run Project Designer again (whilst connected to the internet to auto-download the latest version) and then do the 'Tools | Generate' option again. The result should then compile ok - I've tested it  ;)

Thanks for your patience.

Webbot

Thanks for your kindness! It works!!!

Get Your Ad Here