Author Topic: A Robotic Arm controlled with RobotBASIC and Propeller chip  (Read 2218 times)

Offline SamuelTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
A Robotic Arm controlled with RobotBASIC and Propeller chip
« on: August 09, 2009, 10:52:31 PM »
Please refer to this posting in the Software area of this forum

http://www.societyofrobots.com/robotforum/index.php?topic=8786.msg68367

Samuel

Offline SmAsH

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 75
  • SoR's Locale Electronics Nut.
Re: A Robotic Arm controlled with RobotBASIC and Propeller chip
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 12:44:59 AM »
this isn't really allowed... nor will it help you in any way... it just annoys us and clogs up the forum.
please refrain from doing this.
Howdy

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 01:51:56 AM »
Hi Smash,

I am sorry if this annoys you....but the topic has relevance to Robotic Electronics and Robotic Software.

So how would you suggest that I post the topic.....I think this is the most efficient way in that it does not
repeat all the information and take up disk space. Also people interested in the Electronics and Software aspect
can both benefit with minimal repetition.

So if you have a suggestion how it can be done without annoying you, please let me know.

Also I am not benefiting anything from posting......I am just informing.....I do not make money
out of my postings. Others do since they are selling things.....I am not selling anything.

So I am sorry you are offended.....I did not see WHY though, that informing you about an interesting
project would offend you?????

Does anyone else share the opinion of Smash??? And if you do what suggestion do you have for me
to post about a topic that has both Software and Hardware applicability and would be of interest.

Samuel

Offline SmAsH

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 75
  • SoR's Locale Electronics Nut.
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 02:01:39 AM »
i was not trying to be rude at all, but if its in one board most people will see it.
one rule posted by admin
1) DO NOT DOUBLE POST!!!!!!!!!! This just mucks up the whole forum. Don't triple or quadruple post, either.
So if you have a suggestion how it can be done without annoying you, please let me know.
posting it in one board only would be good...

bottom line:
i in no way was trying to offend/hurt you feelings, but most people will see a post if it is in one board or another...
Howdy

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 02:28:19 AM »
Hi Smash,

So what you are saying is that MOST people will see it if it is only in one area?

What if a guy only interested in the electronics/software aspect never bothers to
go to the other area?

Technically I am not double posting, since the other post is only refering to the other
and thus is not taking up bandwidth etc......so is this OK?

Anyway if you do not like it then I will just post in the area I think is more relevant and
just hope that it would be seen by other people who may not be interested in that
particular aspect.

This is hard in robotics since everything is always to do with both Electronics/Software and
many other areas.....I guess I will just confine myself to software since this is usually
the most frequented area anyway.

Regards

Samuel

Offline Joker94

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 26
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 06:00:47 AM »
just look at sonics new robot. there are questions being asked about all the aspects of a robot and it is only posted in one area. Don't worry, people will generally find a topic they like and most people on the forum have a good knowlage across the board as we have been into robotics for a while.

so in a nust shell, relaxe all your questions will get answered  ;D

Offline Truckstop

• Helpful? 2
  • I Void Warrenty's
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 09:56:33 PM »
HI. just a thoughts,

A. if you feel your posting is covered by more then one category you could always post in the MIsc section, im pretty sure everyone looks there,

Just some thought's

Truckstop
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 10:02:43 PM by Truckstop »
The Mongoose: Natures Assassin
The Hyena: Nature's A$$hole
And.....
The Lemming: Natures Retard