Author Topic: Women in Engineering, issue on women in robotics  (Read 3775 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline AdminTopic starter

  • Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • *****
  • Posts: 11,703
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
Women in Engineering, issue on women in robotics
« on: July 18, 2008, 07:12:45 AM »
Perhaps inspiring for the <10% who visit SoR, and gf's of the other 90% :P

The IEEE Women in Engineering group has just put out a new issue of their magazine that does a fantastic job of showing many aspects of the robotics industry and the women who have contributed to it.

It profiles people like Ellen Purdy (a part of the Army's Future Combat Systems), Helen Greiner (cofounder and chairman of iRobot), and a DARPA Grand Challenge team member, as well as fun stuff like Disney Imagineering and the intersection of robotics, engineering, and music (who knew Guitar Hero was so important to the industry?).


Get Your Ad Here