Author Topic: Industrial Robot Offline Programming  (Read 3079 times)

Offline antoronsonTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Industrial Robot Offline Programming
« on: August 09, 2015, 11:29:58 AM »
Hello All
I am a beginner user of Robot Simulation softwares and am using those for one of my project. I modelled an IR using V-Rep and am interested to simulate its working through offline programming. I was suggested to use Delmia, Process Simulate and the like. Since I am a student, I am looking for an opensource software which I can perform the above activities. I request you to suggest me an open source software for Robot Offline Programming.

Offline Gertlex

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 24
  • Nuclear Engineer ยท Roboticist
    • Index of Oddities
Re: Industrial Robot Offline Programming
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 03:01:19 PM »
No idea what an IR is in this context... So no idea what you're modeling.  "Robot Offline Programming" doesn't clearly mean anything either.

So without any real information, all I will suggest is: ROS and Gazebo, etc. are a set of tools that you can program and simulate (respectively) pretty much anything in, given enough time.  They're open source.  The learning curve can be quite steep, but these tools get used significantly in industry/research (e.g. the Darpa Robotics Challenge, which provided funding for Gazebo's development; and numerous robotics startups use ROS).
I

Offline antoronsonTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Re: Industrial Robot Offline Programming
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 03:15:37 PM »
I am sorry. I should have been a bit more clear. I work on Industrial Robots used in manufacturing industries. Off-line programming (OLP) is a robot programming method where the robot program is created independent from the actual robot cell. The robot program is then uploaded to the real robot for execution. (Thanks to Wikipedia). Right now I am advised to use Siemens PLM, where both simulation and OLP available. I need to perform it using Open Source. Currently the software I use help me to perform simulation, but want to bring in OLP, which I am unable to get one.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list