Author Topic: T-101  (Read 1653 times)

Offline noxzartTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
T-101
« on: May 30, 2010, 12:52:46 PM »
Just a fun question, let your minds go way beyond the limits and know that everything is possible.

now, how would you create the T-101(Terminator)?
what for a brain, electronics/optics? ,visualcontrollers, microcontrollers, hydralics/servos?, power source and so on..
Let you mind fly freely..  ;D
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 12:56:10 PM by noxzart »

Offline Razor Concepts

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 53
    • RazorConcepts
Re: T-101
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 01:05:22 PM »
I find the future of robotics would be robotic mind control, since it is much easier than creating a humanoid robot.

For example, we haven't even made a robot with the same capabilities as a normal human. So by simply mind controlling a human, we are far ahead of a completely mechanical device. Scientists have created a remote-controlled rat that surpasses any kind of robotic device, simply because rats easily find ways to navigate on their own, the mind control simply tells rat "go straight", and rat will automatically figure out how to go straight. With robots, one would actually have to develop a system of navigation.

So, for terminator, I would clone Arnold Swargehengatherjadlsfd and get thousands of copies, and mind control them all. Muahahahaha.

Naturally there would be much public outcry against mind control, but the solution would be to just mind control the opponents and control them to support mind control.

Offline SmAsH

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 75
  • SoR's Locale Electronics Nut.
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 03:37:01 PM »
I'm going to go with Razor on this one, but add an exoskeleton to the mix and we're good :D
Howdy

Offline PCIntegral

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 04:42:02 PM »
O geez that is so crazy.

Offline AtomicWaste

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 09:38:41 PM »
The whole, importing thoughts into a mind hasn't been done only on rats, they've done similar things with humans as well. Instead of controlling the mind though, scientists were able to import sound and images into death and blind people and gave them mediocre hearing and seeing. There have also been a few paralyzed individuals that have had chips installed into their brains that allow them to control the mouse and keyboard of a computer. A well-known corporation made a small helmet that anyone can put on to control an Asimov robot. There was a criminal condemned to death once who allowed his mind to be scanned into a computer. The process killed him but you can supposedly access all 10 billion bytes of him online. The world of Biometrics is amazing. There are so many accomplishments everyday. It won't be much longer until we can insert nanobots into our brain that will allow us to willingly substitute our reality with a virtual one. We could communicate with anybody anywhere PHYSICALLY as if we were right there. Many may be afraid, but I can't wait. Those who fear the future are cowards in my opinion. There's no way to hide from it or prevent it, so just do your best to become part of it.
"Give a man a fire, he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll never be cold the rest of his life." - Unknown