Author Topic: Completely newbie  (Read 2600 times)

Offline draguaTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 1
Completely newbie
« on: February 07, 2015, 12:46:40 AM »
 :o I am wanting to venture into robot making. Dee-da-dee huh?  Anyway funny that ADD is mentioned in the beginners read first things.  Hi I'm Dragua and I'm ADD.  And though people want to put them together ADD and ADHD are no where near the same.  I am so not hyper.  I want to get into robotics in hopes of having something to do so I don't eat when I'm bored.  I don't have lots of money so are there little things I can work on?  What are the possibilities for robots?  I'm wanting to make a vacuuming robot, a sweeping/mopping robot, and every woman's dream of a laundry folding robot.  Are these possible?  I know the cleaning ones are but what about the laundry folder?  I'm not talking complex folding just two folds 1/2 then 1/2 again.  Taxes will have to be used.
I have ADD not ADHD people don't understand...OOO shiny!

Offline mklrobo

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
  • From Dream to Design at the speed of Imagination!
Re: Completely newbie
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 10:17:05 AM »
 :) Hello! and welcome to the forum. I am kind or new myself.. ;D
In reference to your post;
I'm wanting to make a vacuuming robot, a sweeping/mopping robot, and every woman's dream of a laundry folding robot.In reference to this, they already have a vacuuming robot, but I am not sure about the sweeping/mopping; and feel confident there is not a clothes folding robot.
What are the possibilities for robots?
The fun answer to this is to visit the robot video section in this forum, and watch some of the videos.
They are absolutely awesome! From Rubix cube solving robot, to experimental personal servant, and
fire fighting robots. The only limit to robots, is your own imagination.
I want to get into robotics..
You have started at the right place! The vendors in the forum have plenty of kits waiting for you, with
accessories and parts. They suggest alot of applications for the kits. I would also suggest going to
Parallax.com. If you are looking for a project to start, may I suggest making a robot that will assist
you in your endeavors? The pursuit of robotics can engauge alot of sciences, like electronics, mechanical, and
chemical. To find your way, I would visit this robotic video section to begin.. The journey of a thousand miles
begins with one step... Good Luck, Keep me posted.... ;D ;D ;D

Offline robotime13

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 04:58:29 AM »
TRY THIS! it was my first robotics project and I LOVED it! Did it for my intro to ME class. Best $99 I ever spent.

http://pi-bot.org/products/pi-bot

Offline mklrobo

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
  • From Dream to Design at the speed of Imagination!
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 07:31:18 AM »
 ;D Hello!
Pi- bot physical items are not unrelated from the MCU kits available in
this forum. I was thinking that a Raspberry Pi was involved as the brain,
but that is not true. You can, but the programming will be involved, and the support will be needed. If this robot is what you need, then that helps you
at this time. It is great to see a complete robot work for the first time, but
the desire to see what else you can do, will bite you bad. I understand why you went to this group, it seems to have great support.  ;D ;D ;D

Get Your Ad Here

data_list