Author Topic: School Assembly Performer Seeking Robots  (Read 2490 times)

Offline dajamusicTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
School Assembly Performer Seeking Robots
« on: October 20, 2015, 11:37:14 AM »
Dear Robot enthusiasts/experts,
I need your help. I am a performer-educator and I make my living presenting school assembly programs for kids in grades k-6.  During my travels, I have come to realize that there is lack of focus on science and engineering themes for elementary school-age children.  Having said that, I am currently creating a program which introduces kids to the amazing (and evolving)field of robotics.   I am posting here because where I excel in performing, I lack in robot-building skills. I am reaching out to any of you who might have WORKING robots that are sitting dormant in a closet somewhere. In otherwords, I am looking for "robot donations". I plan to incorporate drones, fighting robots, humanoid robots, even helper robots (i.e. roombas) in this show. If you (or anyone you know) has a robot to donate to this cause, I would be so appreciative. Know that any donation will play an integral part introducing hundreds of thousands of young people to theexciting world of robotics. Thank you for your help and consideration in this effort. Email me at davidjack1(at)comcast.net or through this forum. Please feel free to forward this message to contacts and colleagues who might be able to help.
Sincerely,
David Jack
SchoolAssemblies.net

Offline mklrobo

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
  • From Dream to Design at the speed of Imagination!
Re: School Assembly Performer Seeking Robots
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 05:45:16 AM »
 ;D Hello!
I do not have any fully functioning robots at this time, but I can recommend a website for you to go to:
www.robotworkshop.com
They collect any and all types of robots imaginable, so I am sure you could have a wide selection of
robots to choose from. If they will not sell you one, some body may be able to put together one with the
schematics.(updated CPU, like Raspberry PI) Good LUCK!!!  ;) :) :D ;D

Offline dajamusicTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Re: School Assembly Performer Seeking Robots
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 03:07:58 PM »
Thank you! I'll check it out!

Get Your Ad Here