Author Topic: chossing a MCU  (Read 2484 times)

Offline dellagdTopic starter

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 5
  • Come to the dark side... We have cookies!
    • Exodus Rocketry
chossing a MCU
« on: July 02, 2009, 11:23:19 AM »
hey
I'm wondering which MCU I should buy, and keep in mind I have the programmer with 2x5 female header, not 2x3. a bare bones board (http://www.circuitgizmos.com/products/cgbbb/cgbbb.shtml), a arduino (a $20 one: http://store.fungizmos.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=180 or the regular $30 one: http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=666) or a roboduino (http://www.curiousinventor.com/kits/roboduino) or possibly some other MCU. also, do not suggest a $50 board, as I tried but I cant figure out why it wont work!
Innovation is a product of Failure, which leads to Success.

If I helped, +1 helpful pls

I Won!
3rd place! I'm taking $100

Offline GearMotion

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 24
  • Two decades+ of Embedded Design
    • CircuitGizmos
Re: chossing a MCU
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 11:30:46 AM »
I'm a bit biased. :-)  --> http://www.circuitgizmos.com/products/cgbbb/cgbbb.shtml

Want a couple of long headers?

Offline jamort

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 2
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 11:33:12 AM »
I would ge tthe roboduiono... make sure you get it fully assembled were you couldnt complete the fifty dollar robot.... the arduino is just not worth the shields and the roboduino is exactly the same things exceot you dont have to make shields.... and im not sure about the barebones board... but i myself am going to get a roboduino soon
my english teacher once said, "dont talk about what you dont know in public...."

so I replied the truth, " Exactly why I dont ever talk about English."

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 5
    • Exodus Rocketry
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 12:33:34 PM »
I would ge tthe roboduiono... make sure you get it fully assembled were you couldnt complete the fifty dollar robot.... the arduino is just not worth the shields and the roboduino is exactly the same things exceot you dont have to make shields.... and im not sure about the barebones board... but i myself am going to get a roboduino soon

are you insulting my soldering skills?  >:(
All the connections are perfect, the regulator works, it just wont work!

I Won!

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 5
    • Exodus Rocketry
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 12:35:12 PM »
I'm a bit biased. :-)  --> http://www.circuitgizmos.com/products/cgbbb/cgbbb.shtml

can you show me a picture of one?

I Won!

Offline chelmi

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
    • Current projects
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 12:35:56 PM »

So everything is perfect, but it doesn't work? ;) Did you try with another chip?

Chelmi.

Offline GearMotion

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 24
    • CircuitGizmos
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 01:34:55 PM »

can you show me a picture of one?

Oh, man. I just looked in my bin of plenty and I no longer have the headers. I thought I had a ton... They were .400 on each side and good for solderless breadboards. Looks like I need to
get more.

If you order from me, dellagd, send me a PM with your last name and home town and I'll include some random electrical parts in your order.

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 5
    • Exodus Rocketry
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 03:31:24 PM »
ah, trying to add a sweetner, eh?

I Won!

Offline GearMotion

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 24
    • CircuitGizmos
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2009, 07:07:24 PM »

I thought it would be nice to offer something to you since you are a SoR member.

Offline jamort

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 2
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2009, 09:45:09 PM »

well... if its not working... somethings wrong... common sense there... there may be a part thats not good say the ic chip but other than that i dont know what it could be.... you could of shorted the chip... check how you soldered the dip pin socket you may have had a SMALL  MISTAKE that cause a BIG PROBLEM... haha i just dont see how everythigs right but it doesnt work...
ps... have you tried building the board one more time it took me two tries when i did it
my english teacher once said, "dont talk about what you dont know in public...."

Offline RoboChan

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2009, 11:13:30 PM »

I thought it would be nice to offer something to you since you are a SoR member.

He is nice guy the ONLY bad thing was shipping but it should be fixed right? i have the BBB and i like it with bread board use.

Offline SmAsH

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 75
  • SoR's Locale Electronics Nut.
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2009, 01:33:41 AM »

ok, thats it... im buying from you in the future!

well... if its not working... somethings wrong... common sense there... there may be a part thats not good say the ic chip but other than that i dont know what it could be.... you could of shorted the chip... check how you soldered the dip pin socket you may have had a SMALL  MISTAKE that cause a BIG PROBLEM... haha i just dont see how everythigs right but it doesnt work...
ps... have you tried building the board one more time it took me two tries when i did it
i second this, at least give it a second try...
Howdy

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 5
    • Exodus Rocketry
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2009, 07:02:31 AM »

Yes, it would be VERY nice.  ;D

I Won!

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 5
    • Exodus Rocketry
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2009, 07:04:12 AM »

Just checked the DIP socket
all conections are good

I Won!

Offline jamort

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 2
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2009, 07:09:50 AM »
your programmed the circuit right and everything went fine? the ic chip may be burnt out

Get Your Ad Here