Author Topic: timing circut  (Read 1599 times)

Offline zdoll11Topic starter

• Helpful? 0
timing circut
« on: October 20, 2010, 03:32:21 PM »
does anyone have a schematic for a simple timer that runs a motor for a certain time then reverses the motor for the same time and just keeps looping?

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
Re: timing circut
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 08:14:04 PM »
Hi,

does anyone have a schematic for a simple timer that runs a motor for a certain time then reverses the motor for the same time and just keeps looping?
What you need is an astable multivibrator, but you need to tell us more about the motors, like voltage and current and how long each period should be (µs, centuries or whatever).
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Offline knossos

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 14
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 08:59:02 PM »
This would probably be more fitting for the electronics category instead of software.  Also its best not to start multiple identical threads since you posted this one yesterday.  Soeren's suggestion of an astable multivibrator sounds like what you would need, but as he points out, we would need more information.  The page I linked on the other thread to 555 timer circuits also includes schematics for an astable multivibrator.
"Never regret thy fall,
O Icarus of the fearless flight
For the greatest tragedy of them all
Is never to feel the burning light."

— Oscar Wilde

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 06:15:54 AM »
Hi,

The page I linked on the other thread to 555 timer circuits also includes schematics for an astable multivibrator.
I was thinking more of a two transistor astable, as that would negate any need for an H-bridge  :)
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Offline knossos

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 14
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 06:32:34 AM »
I was thinking more of a two transistor astable, as that would negate any need for an H-bridge  :)

Yeah that makes more sense.   I've had lots of experience repairing electronics (mostly for communications), but I'm new to engineering so I'll likely way over-engineer some aspects and under-engineer others.
"Never regret thy fall,
O Icarus of the fearless flight
For the greatest tragedy of them all
Is never to feel the burning light."

— Oscar Wilde

Get Your Ad Here