Author Topic: battery and charger  (Read 1311 times)

Offline Mike136Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
battery and charger
« on: December 29, 2010, 04:28:24 PM »
Hey guys, I'm new here to Society of Robots. I recently decided to pick up robotics more seriously as a hobby. I'm a Mechanical Engineering student at a tech university.

My question is: Can I use this charger

to charge this: 2000 mAh 6V NimH Battery pack

I'm trying to buy the battery pack for the $50 robot, but they require you to spend at least $10. :/ So I figured a battery charger was needed anyways, but I'm not sure if this one will work or if I'll need to do anything to make it work.

Offline Fr0stAngel

• Helpful? 3
  • [O_O] what??
Re: battery and charger
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 02:00:36 AM »
please take into account following things before purchasing any chargers:
-its output voltage
-output current (max)

however sometimes the max output current is not known....just know that to charge a battery, you need to apply an inverse voltage of value greater than the battery output, i.e 7 or 7.5 volts or 6 V battery. The time of charge may vary from charger to charger with same voltage , but different output current values.
in this case, i don't see why the charger wouldn't work...but try not to overcharge your battery pack, you may wanna check the battery's output  through a multimeter after a couple of hours to see if its fully charged ..!
'crazy' is the new hype! =)

Offline TrickyNekro

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
  • Hardware and Firmware Designer
    • The Hellinic Robots Portal
Re: battery and charger
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 02:12:04 AM »
From what I get this one should be a self adjusting voltage one....

Also 300mA charge although it's a little bit higher than typical 1/10C charging current... it should be ok...

The charger says that it's for 2 to 5 shells.... a 6V battery is a 6 / 1.2 = 5 shell battery... so that should be ok too...

Charging current ok... Charging voltage ok... You are good to go ;-)...

Tenergy is a well known company... specs should be fine ;-)
For whom the interrupts toll...

Get Your Ad Here