go away spammer

Author Topic: $50 Robot progammer ATAVRISP2-ND vs ATJTAGICE2-ND  (Read 5417 times)

Offline NubyTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
$50 Robot progammer ATAVRISP2-ND vs ATJTAGICE2-ND
« on: July 09, 2009, 12:56:14 PM »
I bought the ATAVRISP2-ND per instruction and only got the Main Unit, USB cable and the CD. Did not get all the others items shown in the tutoral, such as other connects and the adaptor board (see below). The distributor said i should have bought the ATJTAGICE2-ND if I wanted all those other items. Do I need them? If I buy a Axon will it work for the $50 Robot as well as be a good item to have in the future? Thank for any help sorry to be such a noob. (If this is not correctly posted please let me know)

JTAGICE mkII with flexcable (HAVE) and a Target Adapter Card with two 10-pin
connectors (MISSING)
USB cable (HAVE)
9-pin RS232 Cable (MISSING)
Squid cable (MISSING)
10PIN to 6PIN Probe Adapter Cable (MISSING)
DC Power Cable (MISSING)
Atmel Technical Library CD-ROM with datasheets, application notes and
software.(HAVE)
STK500 JTAG Adapter (MISSING)

Best Regards
Nuby

Offline sonictj

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 11
    • Tim's Workshop
Re: $50 Robot progammer ATAVRISP2-ND vs ATJTAGICE2-ND
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 04:07:38 PM »
you bought the right device the jtag programmer is completely different.  Its a $300 programmer designed for real time debugging, and in my opinion is not worth the extra cash. The only real benefit I see is its ability to program devices such as the avr32's.  The jtag programmer also uses a different communication protocol and hence a different program header than the isp programmers.  They are not compatible.  The $50 robot controller does not even have jtag support.

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 04:26:01 PM »
Thank you for your help Sonictj. OK I will stop worrying and get back to it. I need to load the 8 bit software not the 32 I have loaded. Will have to fight with the error message for that program now. :-[

Best Regards
Nuby

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 01:38:24 AM »
Another beginner question; If I already have a "Basic Stamp" Homework Board and the software loaded in my computer i do not even need AVR programmer? (I have so much to learn!)  :-[

Best Regards
Nuby

Offline sonictj

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 11
    • Tim's Workshop
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 01:45:48 AM »
the basic stamp and the avr programmer have nothing to do with eachother.  You need an avr programmer to program avrs and avr software such as avr studio (which is free from atmel's website)

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 03:06:41 AM »
Thanks again. There is something I am not understanding, back to the tutorials for me.

Best Regards :-[

Nuby

Get Your Ad Here

data_list