Author Topic: Project Advice  (Read 1884 times)

Offline TheDude35Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Project Advice
« on: May 15, 2015, 02:05:10 PM »
Hi,

would anyone be able to recommend what platform I should use for a robot that is using 5 servos, 2 DC motors and 2 encoders(http://www.robotshop.com/en/encoder-pair-tamiya-twin-motor-gearbox.html)? I am currently using a PIC16F690 and the chip doesn't read the signal from both encoders to drive my motors but will do so if only one encoder is used. I'm thinking I should use something with a multiprocessor like ARM. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Ibaeni

• Helpful? 4
Re: Project Advice
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 08:53:39 AM »
I would consider looking into Arduino. You would most likely need an additional power source for the servos and motors, but any of the arduinos could handle the pwm to 5 servos. The UNO has 5 pwm ports and the mega should have more if I remember correctly.

Offline DiegoChavez

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 10:33:54 PM »
I woud also recomend you looking into the Arduino. I have been using it for the past couple of years to controll most of my projects, but if you need something more compact or more powerful you should look into the teensy 3.1 it is a compact high power arduino compatible. I very recently started working with it and it is amazing.

Good luck,
Diego

Offline scooji

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 06:01:46 AM »
I am wondering the same i am building a robotic arm with 6 servos. can someone advise me on what kind of servos i should be looking to get. I am using an arduino r3 for control of the servos.

Get Your Ad Here