Author Topic: Final Year Project Selection(IDEA)  (Read 2416 times)

Offline masefc11Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Final Year Project Selection(IDEA)
« on: September 11, 2015, 10:07:28 AM »
HI,
Its my final year , i am an electrical engr .

I have to select a project for fyp, which of course is a tough thing, i want some help from you, i am posting because 6 of my ideas were rejected and now i am sad too, so please suggest me some mind blowing projects.

I am good at programing in matlab, arduino, c lang, also am good in electronics.

while suggesting ideas please eleborate the approach as well which of course is the most important thing

Thanks!

Offline mklrobo

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
  • From Dream to Design at the speed of Imagination!
Re: Final Year Project Selection(IDEA)
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 01:40:34 PM »
 ;D Hello!
Well, to try to suggest ideas, I would have to direct them in the area of your interest, cost,
and skill feasibility. Your skills;
I am good at programing in matlab, arduino, c lang, also am good in electronics.
Indicates more of a electronic program project.
I would suggest a project, which could help you, and help me.(I have been working on for a LOOOng time!)
I was trying to link an hp calculator to a MCU unit (specifically Axon), so the calculator could perform
functions with data from the real world.(HP calculator has ALOT of functions!) I view it like, a
poor man's Star Trek "tricorder". The project could be used in a variety of ways, from diagnostics,
ideal device emulation/simulation, analyze chemicals/devices, and inventor helper. Just a Thought!
Good Luck!!!   ;) :) :D ;D

Offline mklrobo

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
  • From Dream to Design at the speed of Imagination!
Re: Final Year Project Selection(IDEA)
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 12:52:38 PM »
 ;) more info;
If you go to hpcalc.org, you can find a smorgasborg of applications for the HP calculator. :P
I was hoping to use one of these applications in a "tricorder", to be able to apply in the real world.
There are basic commands to send and receive commands/info, but I have trouble with the
parsing of the voltage levels themselves. Level shifters do not work. I have made up my own
logic comparator, which works great, with immunity to noise. I am working on programming the
Axon, which has consumed a lot of time. I made a whole new platform, including 2 raspberry PIs,
1 Axon, 3 basic stamps, 1 parallax propeller. Keep me posted on your project!   ;D

Get Your Ad Here

data_list