go away spammer

Author Topic: SuGO - Sumo wrestling Lego™ robots!  (Read 3527 times)

Offline TheSugoMasterTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
SuGO - Sumo wrestling Lego™ robots!
« on: December 03, 2012, 12:08:04 PM »
Hello gear heads!
Today I would like to share with you a neat program called SuGO.

As seen in the title SuGO is a portmanteau for sumo, and lego. SuGO is a great platform to teach younger people about basic engineering, and robotic principals. With SuGO they learn about gear reduction, weight distribution, traction, sensory, mechanical design, and much much more.

You can find out more at http://www.sugobot.com
Or check out the youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/SuGObot

Now for a bit of back story as to why I am posting this.
About five years ago my mentor came up with the idea of creating an affordable platform for younger generations to learn about science and technology. He came up, with SuGO. Last year was great, we started selling kits, and attendance at our local SuGO event was through the roof! There was even talk of getting a building dedicated to hosting SuGO events. And then, this year, attendance plummeted to all time lows. We even cancelled one of the events because only one team showed up. It saddens me to see such an excellent program die out. And so, Iv'e taken it as my responsibility to bring attendance back to where it was, or perhaps higher. And so, I am posting in forum such as these in hopes that you will check it out, and maybe give it a try, or suggest some of your friends to.

Thank you
-Kendrick

SuGO is not connected, or endorsed by the Lego group. Lego, Mindstorms, NXT, and RCX are tradmarks of Lego group.

Offline MrWizard

• Helpful? 0
  • My cylon friend told me a killing joke......
Re: SuGO - Sumo wrestling Lego™ robots!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 03:53:29 PM »
Great idea ! Seen the video and commented ofcourse !

Get Your Ad Here