go away spammer

Author Topic: Morphology based Locomotion Controller for Modular Robots  (Read 4396 times)

Offline avinash.ranganathTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 1
Morphology based Locomotion Controller for Modular Robots
« on: October 22, 2015, 01:31:44 PM »
Stigmergy is defined as a mechanism of coordination through indirect communication among agents, which can be commonly observed in social insects such as ants. In this work, emergence of coordination for locomotion in modular robots, through indirect communication among modules is being investigated. Due to the embodiment of the robot in the physical world, forces between physically connected modules in a modular robotic configuration exist as a result of interaction between modules, as well as between modules and their environment. These forces can be seen as analog communication between modules, and used as information for self-organization in a modular robotic organism. Also, experiments proving a strong interdependency between the morphology of the robotic organism and the emerged global behavior, have been conducted in this work.

More info on

https://sites.google.com/site/anashranga/academic-projects/morphomotion

[2012] A.Ranganath, J.Gonzalez-Gomez, L.Moreno. Morphology Dependent Distributed Controller for Locomotion in Modular Robots. Proceedings of the Post-Graduate Conference on Robotics and Development of Cognition. Lausanne. Switzerland. Sep, 2012.

[2012] A.Ranganath. Morphology based Locomotion Controller for Modular Robots. Masters thesis, Department of Systems Engineering and Automation, University Carlos III of Madrid.

https://youtu.be/n2LDifGRm1A

Offline mklrobo

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
  • From Dream to Design at the speed of Imagination!
Re: Morphology based Locomotion Controller for Modular Robots
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 05:25:10 AM »
 :) Hello!
I can appreciate the learning part of the robots to overcome the target they are dealing with. I tend to
use the natural world as a guide, and then build from that. Check out my post in
Analyzing the Axon[/b]: Coding, Construction, and Contraptions, reply 25. Good luck!  ;D

Get Your Ad Here