Author Topic: Heathkit Hero Jr. For Sale  (Read 8094 times)

Offline GaryTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Heathkit Hero Jr. For Sale
« on: May 23, 2011, 03:38:55 PM »
I have a Heath Hero Jr. for sale.
The unit itself powers up and goes through it's memory test then the sensor testing.  Everything passes except the sonar test.  I hear the sonar device ticking but it doesn't pick up my hand movement and the test times out then continues with the other sensor tests which all pass.  

The robot is in cosmetically excellent condition.  It comes with one cartridge: Songs, Rhymes, Phrases #1, the label on the cartridge is near perfect.  I also have the RT-1 remote which is in cosmetically excellent condition.  I put a 9v battery in the remote but NO JOY.  Looks like the PC board in the remote may have gotten wet because there appears to be some oxidation on the paths.  I also have the wall wart to power it up, don't know if the batteries are still taking a charge or not but the batteries are in there.

That's about it, if no one wants to buy it but knows where I can get an instruction manual and possibly fix the sonar sensor I would appreciate any help.  It's an interesting unit.  It cracks my wife up when it just goes off randomly with a poem or a song.

Here are a couple of pictures.

Thanks,

Gary
[email protected]

« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 03:53:54 PM by Gary »

Offline enigmaegg

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Re: Heathkit Hero Jr. For Sale
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 01:58:58 PM »
Hi Gary

Do you still have the Hero?
If so, I would like to make you a offer.

Thanks

Get Your Ad Here