Author Topic: SONAR  (Read 5171 times)

Offline polar bear6Topic starter

• Helpful? 0
SONAR
« on: January 21, 2007, 06:11:33 PM »
i was thinking about buying a parrlax sonar for my BoeBot, but when i realised it costed 50$+shipping here in norway, i thought "F$¤K that sh1t"
so i put that thought aside.
but yesterday i was at this shop where they sell all kinds of stuff, and they had this rangefinder thing that is mean to use to messure distances inside houses, and i looked at it and i saw that inside there were 2 sonar disks, they wernt as small ass the PING)) sensor, but it were sonars, im am sure of that, and to my amusement, they were on sale and costed only 15$!
is it most likly that this thing is hackable? i read the manual and it didnt say anything about what distances it could messure....

Offline Steve Joblin

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 2
    • Roebotz
Re: SONAR
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 06:49:32 PM »
Before you spend $15 on a device that you may have trouble hacking, check out http://www.lawicel-shop.se/shop/

they sell a variety of solutions from several companies... they are in Sweeden so hopefully the prices will be "reasonable" for you in Norway.

Offline JesseWelling

• Expert Roboticist
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
  • Only You Can Build A Robot!
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 07:15:10 PM »
I think a better question is.....what isn't hackable? :P

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 10:02:10 PM »
have you tried this site?
http://www.active-robots.com/products/sensors/sensors-devantech.shtml

they are located in UK so shipping should be cheaper for you . . .

the best way to see if something is hackable is either buy it and break it open, or call up the company and ask to speak to the engineers - they are always willing to help.

Offline Joe

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 08:27:03 AM »
...or call up the company and ask to speak to the engineers

Really? I've never heard of doing such a thing. It makes good sense cause there can be no better way to find out about a product you are gonna hack but I can't imagine actually doing that. In my mind it's like calling the White House and asking to speak to the president. lol

Offline polar bear6Topic starter

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 04:35:33 PM »
Really? I've never heard of doing such a thing. It makes good sense cause there can be no better way to find out about a product you are gonna hack but I can't imagine actually doing that. In my mind it's like calling the White House and asking to speak to the president. lol

it will be mostly the same, except that the people you will speak to is alot smarter than the president.
i think im going to that place where they sell them sonar's tomorrow, and i can buy some more RC cars  ;D 1Channel cars cost 5 bucks lol.

Offline annoyin_kid

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 04:46:59 PM »

it will be mostly the same, except that the people you will speak to is alot smarter than the president.
lol!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D :o :o ;) :) :D ;D :o :o ;D ;D ;D ;D

Get Your Ad Here

data_list