Author Topic: I need your guys help!  (Read 1315 times)

Offline tylerbourneTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
I need your guys help!
« on: February 08, 2012, 11:31:56 PM »
I have really got myself into it this time. I have a research project in which I have bitten off perhaps more than I can chew. Any help you guys can offer me to get me going would be greatly appreciated. Here's what I'm looking at:

I have a movable platform which features a large diesel engine full of vibration and noise which needs to be able to detect obstacles as they are encountered and move an attached implement on one axis in relation to the distance reading.

Distances of importance would fall within the 1-2 foot range and the sensor would need to be rugged as it would be used outdoors in summer heat on a daily basis with several hours of operation daily.

The 12v battery and charging system is already present on the platform.

Due to my ignorance on the subject I'm sure I have left a lot of vital information out and I will be checking and adding often as I go along.

Thanks in advance for your help!!
Tyler

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
Re: I need your guys help!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 05:59:03 PM »
Hi,

Distances of importance would fall within the 1-2 foot range and the sensor would need to be rugged as it would be used outdoors in summer heat on a daily basis with several hours of operation daily.
How many degrees of detection vertically and what size, shape and material are the obstacles?

I didn't see any direct questions in your post, so what exactly do you need help with, the sensor type or what?

Diesel robot... Makes me think, when something ain't green at all, would it be proper to call it red then?  ;D
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Get Your Ad Here