Author Topic: Hello everyone!!!  (Read 1654 times)

Offline roborobot123Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Hello everyone!!!
« on: March 11, 2012, 02:02:37 PM »
Hi guys!

I'm completely new to the robot community with little to no experience. I can't wait to start learning more and hopefully soon being able to build my own robot!!!

For starters, I don't know how to program at all! Does anyone have any suggestions on either a simple way of learning, or is there a really solid software program out there that I can use to build the functions of my robot without needing to know how to code?

Thanks in advance for the info guys! Can't wait to hear from you all!

Offline jkerns

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 12
Re: Hello everyone!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 03:08:30 PM »
Well, it depends...

Lego NXT can be programmed using drag and drop of blocks for sensors and actions.  Later on, you can program them usind C like languages.

The best thing is to find an example of some code that does almost what you want. If you study it and figure out how it works, you will be a long way towards being able to modify it to do exactly what you want. The problem is that while some people write well documented code that is easy to follow, others can be, well, cryptic...
I get paid to play with robots - can't beat that with a stick.

http://www.ltu.edu/engineering/mechanical/bachelor-science-robotics-engineering.asp

Offline roborobot123Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 12:02:21 AM »
Sweet thanks! I've looked a little into lego but not a ton. Do you know if this would allow me to speak to my robot and have it perform a task?

Offline jkerns

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 12
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 07:33:25 AM »
Sweet thanks! I've looked a little into lego but not a ton. Do you know if this would allow me to speak to my robot and have it perform a task?

I believe the Lego stuff will respond to claps and that sort of noise, but will not do speech recognition.
I get paid to play with robots - can't beat that with a stick.

http://www.ltu.edu/engineering/mechanical/bachelor-science-robotics-engineering.asp

data_list