Author Topic: What is This Connector I Need?  (Read 1325 times)

Offline MastermimeTopic starter

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 5
What is This Connector I Need?
« on: January 11, 2012, 05:08:38 PM »
Hello everyone,

I just bought a wireless camera setup.  The security camera has BNC cables and the transmitter has RCA cables.  I have been trying to find an adapter for the red cable in this link, but I cannot find the name!
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=ProductDetail&A=showItemLargeImage&Q=&sku=745703&is=REG

I have found the BNC male to RCA female adapter for the cable on the left, but I cannot find the adapter for the cable on the right!

Thanks

Jason

EDIT: Here is another picture of it.  Second one in if you are looking at it from left to right. http://tinyurl.com/7hrds53
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 11:59:18 PM by Mastermime »

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
Re: What is This Connector I Need?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 02:19:14 PM »
It's a regular DC connector of the kind that is in just about all devices that is powered by a "wall wart".
Unfortunately, there's a huge amount of (combinations of) sizes, so you have to measure it up, with calipers, to at least 0.1mm precision to find the one you need.

If you have the plug, you need to measure the outer diameter of the middle pin (add about 0.2-0.3mm), as well as the inner diameter of the outer "tube" (subtract ~0.2-0.3mm) and the length of the pin (subtract ~0.5mm).

Or, if it's the socket you have, measure the outer diameter of the outer tube, the diameter of the middle "hole" and the depth of the latter.
Add and subtract as relevant, or it will be too tight and may get stuck.

You can get both plugs and sockets from Mouser, or just use their page to check your measurements, but most shops only have a few different sizes, so ordering from Mouser might be the easy way.
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Get Your Ad Here

data_list