go away spammer

Author Topic: I need Help with Xbee.  (Read 1664 times)

Offline sunandxkannappanTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
I need Help with Xbee.
« on: September 11, 2013, 09:17:21 AM »
I am making an RC car with arduino and xbee.

I am going to buy and Xbe explorer dongle, 2 xbee module (im not sure which ones to get) and an X bee shield.

I will connect the USB Xbee dongle to the Xbee Rf module. I will then transmit a message from the computer to the Xbee Module. The other Xbee will recieve this information and transmit it to the Arduino Uno to give to an L298 motor driver. It has to be able to control to motors. Can someone give me some help?

Offline waltr

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 99
Re: I need Help with Xbee.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 10:53:55 AM »
Get the Series 1 XBees (not Pro or ZigBee). These will do what you need and are the easiest to use.
Keep in mind that XBee's are 3.3V so if your Adrduino is 5V then you need level conversion from 5V to 3.3V logic on the TX to Din line.
Where are you planing to buy these?

Have you searched the forums here? These XBees and what you want to do has been discussed many times.

Offline jwatte

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 82
Re: I need Help with Xbee.
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 08:48:34 PM »
There's a non-USB version of XBee Explorer, which converts to 5V from 3.3V, so it's easy to connect to an Arduino. There's also a shield version. Either will work.

Personally, I got started with this: http://www.trossenrobotics.com/p/Xbee-Communication-Starter-Kit.aspx
Works fine for me. If you need the 60 mW version instead of the 1 mW version, you can buy the parts separately, instead.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list