go away spammer

Author Topic: Need I-Cybie internal battery diagram.  (Read 2396 times)

Offline PixelOzTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Need I-Cybie internal battery diagram.
« on: June 09, 2009, 06:08:52 PM »
Hi I'm new to this forum and I say hello. I was wondering if anybody can tell me where to find an I-Cybie robot battery wiring diagram and I mean the diagram of the interior of the battery. I don't know how the wires are to be connected inside because these batteries are not the simple red/black positive/negative type, they have a third wire that connect to one of the cells. I'm not sure but I heard that the other wire supplies a different voltage to some batteries from the charger. I have all the parts, and cables and the connector from the original battery and and have 10 2300mah AA nickel metal hydride cells ready to be used but I lost the diagram and I want to build a new battery pack but I need to know how to connect the cells internally. Is there anybody out there that builds I-Cybie battery packs or that knows how these cells are to be connected with each other? I have an I-Cybie that I have barely used (charged it like two times only) and then saved so when my niece grew I could show it to her and now she is 3 1/2 years old and I want to show to her what it can do but I need to rebuild the battery pack. I can build a battery pack, I know my way around this and a soldering iron, I just need to know how the internal connections of the battery go. I've seen places where they show you other I-Cybie diagrams but not for the internal battery wiring, can anybody help?  :-\

Offline robologist

• Helpful? 1
Re: Need I-Cybie internal battery diagram.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 11:15:23 PM »
I know this is an older post, but the I-Cybie battery has five cells on each side of the center wire, if I remember correctly. It was essentially to make a split supply to cut down the need for drive transistor for all the  motors.

Just checked on one I had in another robot, reads 6.5 volts yellow to red, 6.39 black to yellow, seems to bear that out.
 ASCII art :

___+---+___
  | o |  o  | o |      viewing the pins end on the battery
    R    Y    B

Get Your Ad Here