go away spammer

Author Topic: Sor Scope Data  (Read 1649 times)

Offline splainfishcTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Sor Scope Data
« on: September 09, 2010, 11:41:35 AM »
I'm relatively new to the axon.  I'm trying to use the SoR Scope software to record some bioimpedance measurements and have two questions that I can't seem to figure out.

1.  How can I save the data in a format that I can use?  ie. .txt or something similar that I can then import into something like Excel to analyze.

2.  I'm trying to use 8 ports to pull measurements from 8 different electrodes...  Although I dont have any of the electrodes connected yet, it seems like all the ports 1-7 are showing the same readings?  I read a post about grounding them as being a solution...can someone explain this to me a little deeper?  What do I ground them to?  I assume the Axon, but where?javascript:void(0);

Thanks!

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
Re: Sor Scope Data
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 06:55:16 PM »
1.  How can I save the data in a format that I can use?  ie. .txt or something similar that I can then import into something like Excel to analyze.
Are you able to load it up in a text editor, or simply change the file name to .xls to use?

2.  I'm trying to use 8 ports to pull measurements from 8 different electrodes...  Although I dont have any of the electrodes connected yet, it seems like all the ports 1-7 are showing the same readings?  I read a post about grounding them as being a solution...can someone explain this to me a little deeper?  What do I ground them to?  I assume the Axon, but where?javascript:void(0);
Pins that are next to each other tend to share and transfer charges. So if you apply 3V to pin 5, pins 4 and 6 will probably also end up being 3V - and others near those not too far from that. Its a very weak charge, so as soon as you apply a voltage to the pin, it will stop 'copying' nearby pins.

Be careful - you may apply a voltage to pin 5, but in code accidentally tell it to read from pin 6. Usually the voltage will appear to be working because of charge transfer, then other times it'll stop working for 'no reason' at all. Its a dumb mistake that'll get you if you aren't careful. :P

Get Your Ad Here

data_list