Author Topic: Admin's ERP arm design?  (Read 2632 times)

Offline axex12Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Admin's ERP arm design?
« on: January 15, 2009, 08:40:11 PM »
hello admin .... i have a contest some wher in feb ... and we are to built an arn that can carry a tennis ball and play tic-tac ...

can u tell me wht servo did u use for the arm and the grip??? is there any CAD drawing available that might help me how u asembled the joints???

thanks

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
Re: Admin's ERP arm design?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 09:31:38 PM »
For the gripper I used a Futaba S3114.

For the elbow a S3102.

For the lifting shoulder, a Hitec HS-645MG. For the rotational shoulder, HS-311.

Don't use digital Hitec servos, they break and fry too easily.

I do have CAD files, but they are in AutoDesk format, and unless you have a CNC or mill would be difficult to make.

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 11:17:14 PM »
i do have autodesk.... kindly if available it would be gratefully ...
since i am in school .. i do have acess to advance cnc and milling machine...... if possible,i just need the griper and the elbow part
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 11:21:32 PM by axex12 »

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 06:30:42 PM »
admin.... any luck ?????? 
on a side note about this project ----- our school took part in this robotic competition called "robotics skills canada"   this year we r to built a robot that can take a tennis ball in a rack & complete a tic-tac-toe !

few days later i went to school and find that our school has invested over a 1000$ to built this robot!!!! i kind of thought --wht a waste of money! .... bt then i realise that they can use it for next year & so on ....

so far they ordered

2 of these for the wheels  http://www.npcrobotics.com/products/viewprod.asp?prod=38&cat=20&mode=gfx

1 radio unit   http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPM6600

1 receiver(not sure may be this1)   http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPM6100
-------------------
servoes, wheels, and other parts are still left to order!!

ADMIN I NEEDED SOME HELP IN THE GRIPPER DISIGN.... IF U CAN HELP IT WILL BE VERY GRATEFUL ...IF YOU CAN PROVIDE ME WILL ANY SAMPLE CAD FILE OF YOUR ERP ARM DESIGN ... IT WOULD HELP BE A LOT IN PROCEDING WITH MY WORK
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 08:54:03 PM by axex12 »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 06:14:56 AM »
I just realized I never got back to you on this . . . do you still need the files? You mentioned a February deadline . . .

sorry!

Get Your Ad Here

data_list