go away spammer

Author Topic: Simulation about painting 5dof manipulator  (Read 1628 times)

Offline handsome3746Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Simulation about painting 5dof manipulator
« on: June 05, 2011, 07:07:06 AM »
i am doing a project about the painting 5dof manipulator... my aim is simulation...now,i had finished CAD in solidworks and i also have calculated the inverse kinematics...the next thing i have to do is that using the result of the inverse kinematics to simulate... but i don't know what software i should use to simulate...simulation about manipulator painting a 3D object...
anybody can help me,please?

many thanks in advance!!!

Offline newInRobotics

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 48
  • N.I.R.
Re: Simulation about painting 5dof manipulator
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 10:21:41 AM »
Hi there :)

There is nice piece of software by ABB (major robotic arm manufacturer) called RobotStudio that can simulate all of their robots and also robots You create Yourself. It runs code used in real robots, hence all code You write in simulation can be transferred to real robot and it will work in the same way.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian W

Offline Gertlex

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 24
  • Nuclear Engineer ยท Roboticist
    • Index of Oddities
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 07:16:05 AM »
Solidworks Motion?
I

Offline newInRobotics

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 48
  • N.I.R.
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 01:48:11 PM »
Solidworks Motion?
SolidWorks does not really simulate motion, it sort of plays back whatever You set it to play back. You cannot perform live control of the robot, where in RobotStudio You can.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian W

Get Your Ad Here