Author Topic: Axon now sold in Australia / New Zealand  (Read 1847 times)

Offline AdminTopic starter

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
Axon now sold in Australia / New Zealand
« on: June 18, 2011, 07:49:48 AM »
SoR now has a retailer in both Australia and New Zealand, for those who'd like to save on shipping :P

http://www.sedoniatech.com.au/sor.htm
http://www.sedonia.co.nz/

(same company, two different sites)

Offline Gertlex

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 24
  • Nuclear Engineer ยท Roboticist
    • Index of Oddities
Re: Axon now sold in Australia / New Zealand
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 12:53:53 PM »
No Axon 2 eh?

Edit: I was link hopping to see how they were marketing the Axon (e.g. which SoR pages were linked to) and I noticed that there is little to no mention of Webbotlib on the SoR pages.  Seems like it would be a strong selling point to me :P.  It especially seems like this page should be updated, particularly since your code hasn't been updated in two years (for the obvious reason of Webbotlib's existence)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 03:15:47 PM by Gertlex »
I

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 03:01:00 PM »
The retailer was only interested in the original Axon for now. If they sell fast, he might be interested in the Axon 2 and the Axon Mote. ;D

I get people buying from Australia very often (relative to other countries), although only one or two ever from New Zealand. Now that they can save on shipping, this should bring sales up.

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 04:08:24 PM »
It especially seems like this page should be updated, particularly since your code hasn't been updated in two years (for the obvious reason of Webbotlib's existence)
Oops forgot to reply to this . . . yeap, you are absolutely correct.

I'm going on vacation in ~3 months, so I'll have plenty of time to work on it. Both the Axon and Axon II pages are seriously out of date, and I'll probably rewrite them for WebbotLib 3.0 when it's released. Even my Axon Mote tutorial is written for the v2.0, so it'll need to be updated then as well.

Get Your Ad Here