go away spammer

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1610 times)

Offline newby101Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Hello
« on: July 25, 2011, 05:47:19 PM »
Hello totally new to robots and blogging, i know it sounds funny but was cleaning out my garage and found all my old RC10 and FX10 remote controlled cars + many many parts and one thing lead to another and well i want to attempt to build something and robots are very cool, so is it practical to use some of what i got or am i just gonna blow a fuse trying at such a novice level i understand programming enough just not really how to make it all work any advice would b great thanx

Offline corrado33

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 11
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 06:26:40 PM »
Hello totally new to robots and blogging, i know it sounds funny but was cleaning out my garage and found all my old RC10 and FX10 remote controlled cars + many many parts and one thing lead to another and well i want to attempt to build something and robots are very cool, so is it practical to use some of what i got or am i just gonna blow a fuse trying at such a novice level i understand programming enough just not really how to make it all work any advice would b great thanx

First piece of advice...

.  <--- is called a period.  Use it.   :D

Second, piece of advice.

Have a very clear picture about WHAT you want to build before you try to build something.  If you just say "I want to build something cool," you'll never make anything.

Since you understand some programming, that's half the battle with microcontrollers, which is what is generally used to control motors/robot arms/sensors etc. 

Third piece of advice:

Look at the $50 robot tutorial on this site.  Look up at the top of the page... see "robot tutorials", click on it.  It's a very good tutorial about how to get started with robotics.  And you build your first functioning robot.  The only thing that you don't do yourself is the programming, but since you know some programming, you should be able to figure it out. 

We're here to help, but we can't help you if you don't know what you want to do.   ;D

Get Your Ad Here