go away spammer

Author Topic: Need help starting a shopping list for 1st robot  (Read 1617 times)

Offline pierrelabTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Need help starting a shopping list for 1st robot
« on: August 16, 2011, 12:49:04 PM »
Hello, I'm trying to guide my 17y old toward robotic and I need help buying a set. We have tons of experience in Home Robotic as we built a complete home automation system, from the Windows 2008 server to the tiniest humidity sensor.

I was thinking using the Axon II as it seems more open to expansion and to be a strong base to work with.

Can you help me making a shopping list? I would like a 2 or 4 wheel base, a arm and a web camera. Later I will be very interested adding multiple sensors - any recommendation about the frame, servos...?

Any help will be appreciated.
Pierre

Offline Neogs Red

• Helpful? 0
Re: Need help starting a shopping list for 1st robot
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 12:24:11 PM »
check out this link.
http://www.societyofrobots.com/step_by_step_robot.shtml
 If you go through the whole process from start to finish, it teaches you how to build a robot basically from scratch. you can use an axon for the cortex vs building your own brain, but i had alot of fun building my own for my first robot (which has not come off the ground due to the fact that i bricked my ic chip :( ). a few suggestions though when building it though if you decide to make your own brain, there is a link on how to wire up a six pin programmer vs a ten pin programmer. i would use the six pin, most boards that use the atmel chipsets use the 6 pin design and it really is cheaper in the long run. have fun building your first robot! i know i did!

Get Your Ad Here

data_list