Author Topic: quieries on MCU programming  (Read 5297 times)

Offline sharath.eeTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
quieries on MCU programming
« on: June 24, 2006, 11:21:20 AM »
Hi there.

I went through your site today and thought u might be able to help me in my new project. I have to program a MUC to control a DC motor and make it rotate clockwise anti-clockwise depending on the inputs from a few proximity sensors. I should also be able to control  the speed of the motor using PWM.

This is the first time that ill be programming  a MUC.I have done elementary assmbly language program but thats only in theory.Haven't really loaded the program on to the MUC. I am quite familiar with C programming also. But i dont know how to program a MUC using C. I have chosen a motorola DSP56F805 micro-controller. I havent been able to interface any of those proximity devices yet. Can u please help me out with this particular MUC and how i might be able to do anything about my project.

Thanking you
 Sharath
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 10:32:27 AM by Admin »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
Re: quieries on MCU programming
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 05:56:57 PM »
To control DC motors, what you will want is an H-Bridge:
http://www.societyofrobots.com/schematics_h-bridgedes.shtml

You can also use a motor driver IC for smaller motors.

My sensors pages should help you with interfacing . . .
http://www.societyofrobots.com/sensors.shtml

I am not familiar with motorola based microcontrollers . . . so I cant really help you with it. If you have more specific questions I can see what I can do. Personally I think C is the best programming language, use that. Just search google for source code using the microcontroller you want. Read the manual for the microcontroller too . . . its heavy reading material, but could help you understand more.

This may help too:
http://www.societyofrobots.com/microcontroller_tutorial.shtml

Remember, when building your first robot, always go the easiest and simplest path, not the best features path . . .  8)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 10:32:43 AM by Admin »

Offline Ben

• Helpful? 0
Re: quieries on MCU programming
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2006, 02:16:41 PM »
Motorola microprocessors are pretty easy to program.  They use the software "CodeWarrior" which is free, and a programming technology called "BDM".  If you go to www.freescale.com and look around you'll find some development kits that come with everything you need to program Motorola MCUs.  You can also find CodeWarrior from that site.  Once you download and install CodeWarrior, it will let you select the model of your microprocessor and select which language you want to program it with.  If you choose C, an include file will be attached to your project defining all of the processor's registers.  You can basically treat it just like a normal C program from there! 

Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 10:34:03 AM by Admin »

Get Your Ad Here

data_list