go away spammer

Author Topic: RIVERWATCH-A Marsupial Surface-Aerial Robotic Team  (Read 2857 times)

Offline facmarquesTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
RIVERWATCH-A Marsupial Surface-Aerial Robotic Team
« on: January 29, 2014, 03:37:32 PM »
Hi,
I'm sharing a project I've been involved in.
RIVERWATCH is an autonomous surface-aerial marsupial robotic team for riverine environmental monitoring. The robotic system is composed of an Autonomous Surface Vehicle (ASV) piggybacking a 6-rotor Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) with vertical takeoff and landing capabilities.

Skip to minute 1:00 for the action. Initially are some slides that explain the project scope and results.

http://riverwatchws.cloudapp.net/

[youtube=425,350]Y_XpgELNE9k[/youtube]
Riverwatch MultimediaReport
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 03:44:09 PM by facmarques »

Offline jwatte

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 82
Re: RIVERWATCH-A Marsupial Surface-Aerial Robotic Team
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 11:02:44 PM »
Looks great! How far did you get with the team sensor fusion?

Offline jlizotte

• Helpful? 3
Re: RIVERWATCH-A Marsupial Surface-Aerial Robotic Team
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 07:10:23 AM »
This was great. Thanks for sharing! I love the teaming of the copter with the surface vehicle. Very impressive project. Is your path planning primarily through GPS waypoints, using obstacle avoidance, or is the vehicle doing a lot more of the path planning?

Does the boat have any "input" to the use of the copter? For instance, the boat wants to see what is around a bend...can the boat request assistance from the copter to work as a team, so to speak, or is each vehicle working independently and isolated, controlled by a remote operator?

John

Get Your Ad Here