Author Topic: build command  (Read 1874 times)

Offline zdoll11Topic starter

• Helpful? 0
build command
« on: October 19, 2010, 09:59:26 PM »
i've been through the tutorial twice to make sure everything is correct and everything appears to be, but when i push rebuild or build nothing happens.  i've uninstalled and reinstalled and still the same.  also, i went through the process of upgrading to version 18, and nothing.  please help!

Offline thornsb1

• Helpful? 0
Re: build command
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 10:12:00 PM »
Hi. I recently began using this software and had the same problem. When you are finished adding your devices in Webbot Project Designer, go to Tools at the top and click "Generate." Then another box will appear and select marquee for both selections. In addition, this box has a place to check that says "create avr project file." Make sure it is checked. Then search your computer for the file with the name you chose that ends with something like .prj or something similar. Look at the file path so that you know where it is. When you are adding existing source code in AVR Studio, look for that file in the location that you saw in the file path. The C file should be right there. Do the same thing with the H file. Then after adding the proper directory and libraries as the tutorial shows, you are ready to do a rebuild all. Then compile it. Now search your computer for the file name you chose that ends with .hex. That is the file you want to upload to your micro. I hope this helps.
Auburn Montgomery Engineering Club
[email protected]

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 10:47:26 PM »
i've done all that, but the problem is that avr studio wont build and so no .hex file is made.  thank you for your response, let me know if you have any other ideas.

Offline thornsb1

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 11:04:57 PM »
Open the source code file in AVR Studio and make sure that it is not an empty file. If the code is there, it should at least give you errors. Let me know please. Thx.
Auburn Montgomery Engineering Club
[email protected]

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 11:52:23 PM »
the source code is not empty and it's weird when i push build it says it's started but nothing happens, no errors, nothing.

Offline Webbot

• Expert Roboticist
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 111
    • Webbot stuff
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 06:03:13 PM »
If you ask Project Designer to create the AVRStudio file then it will create a file called <your project name>.aps

In AVRStudio you can then open that project file. It will automatically have added the H and C files that have been created. You wont need to add anything manually.
Trying doing a 'Clean' before a 'Build'
Webbot Home: http://webbot.org.uk/
WebbotLib online docs: http://webbot.org.uk/WebbotLibDocs
If your in the neighbourhood: http://www.hovinghamspa.co.uk

Get Your Ad Here

data_list