Software > Software

Struggling with directions for avr software in 50 dollar robot.

<< < (7/8) > >>

NOOBinDistress:
WHat i mean is that when I click on it to add It says Illigal character can not add and beneath that it says you can not have these characters:/\., those are only a few. And I have noticed that I do have a couple of the \\\\\ in the file name because it goes My_robots\Photovore_v1\Photovore_v1.c I am apparently not aloud to have any of thes \\\\\\\\\ so I got around this problem by putting it in another folder and uploading it from there. but when I do this the build never ends or either it just takes really long.My computer is not super slow so it shouldnt take like 2hrs. Wait i am now getting stuff like so and so loaded in the message column of build. Does that mean it is working? One more question. I accidently closed out the box next to messages that say break points and trace points, how do I get that back?

Somchaya:
Oh I see.. Hmm, so \ is an escape character in C.. So what you can try doing is to replace \ with \\, eg:

C:\Robot\Main.c becomes C:\\Robot\\Main.c

Try that and see if it works, not sure if that's the problem..

NOOBinDistress:
Ok so what your saying is that I should replace the single \ with a double \\. I dont know how I would add them though. where would I go to add a double slash. Anyway way I used a different folder with no \\\ and  I think it worked I clicked build and I am not sure if it is doing any thing but under message it says  Loaded plugin STK500
gcc plug-in: PlugInUtility::setupAndCheckWinAVR() Found avr-gcc at C:\WinAVR\bin\avr-gcc.exe
gcc plug-in: PlugInUtility::setupAndCheckWinAVR() Found make at C:\WinAVR\utils\bin\make.exe
Loaded plugin AVR GCC
Loaded partfile: C:\Program Files\Atmel\AVR Tools\PartDescriptionFiles\ATmega8.xml
Flash memory 8192
EEPROM memory 512
I/O start 0x00
I/O stop 0x3F
SRAM size 1024
SRAM start 0x60
XRAM size 0
Temporary page buffer 64
SRAM start NA
gcc plug-in: CProjectTree::OnSize()
I dont know if that means it is working. ONe more thing how do I get the box back that says break points and trace points. I think I accidently deleted it. Ok thanks tell me if you think it is working or not.

Somchaya:
Hmm.. I'm not familiar with avr software, but it does look as if it's working..

Not so sure about the breakpoints and all that though..

NOOBinDistress:
well what software do you use? I now realize that photovore is just following light. I dont beleive it works though because my pc does not seem do be doing anything(making any noise). Is there anyway I can make my robot just go around my hous e without bumping into things (With the board I made in 50 dolloar robot)?If so could you show me a good tutorial,source codes and everything that you would use. Or I guess I would not mind the photovore  if it worked but I would rather just have it go around my house. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version