go away spammer

Author Topic: Rebuilding code and converting it to .hex in AVR Studio 4  (Read 4385 times)

Offline Ahdem99Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Rebuilding code and converting it to .hex in AVR Studio 4
« on: January 19, 2016, 06:49:28 PM »
Hey guys, im working on my first robot, so i`m new to robotics, also new to programming, so, when i make my project with Project Designer, i get to the point where i need to convert the code that PD made, into .hex. I do it using AVR Studio 4. As it says in the tutorial, i go to build, then Rebuild all, but it always ends up with an error :
make:  *** No rule to make target `../../../All', needed by `VR_Axon2_demo.elf'.  Stop.
Build failed with 1 errors and 0 warnings...

So, i got stuck by this, and i cant really do anything. I did it several times, and i always get this error. I`m using WindowsXP, and i think that the problem is naming the files, and i don`t know where i did wrong.
Please help meee!

Offline mklrobo

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
  • From Dream to Design at the speed of Imagination!
Re: Rebuilding code and converting it to .hex in AVR Studio 4
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 06:48:51 AM »
 :) Hello!
Yes, I have had a similar problem. I can not convert to the elf file, which is needed for final
download. Even then, you may not be able to download via your USB, because you may need
a "virtual" USB software driver.(available in the tutorials). I eventually bought a separate hardware programmer, which studio 4 recognizes, but still did not have the elf file.  :'(
Getting closer to the answer, though................. :-\

Offline Ahdem99Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 07:50:11 PM »
Also, even though i install the USB driver, it doesn't recognize the device (Axon II in this case). Do you know what is the problem?

Offline mklrobo

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
  • From Dream to Design at the speed of Imagination!
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 06:41:50 AM »
 :-\ Hello!
That is EXACTLY one of the other problems that I was having. my only recourse was to buy a hardware
programmer from China. Studio 4 did recognize the device , and appeared to "talk" to the Axon.
The only problem left, was to compile a source file, ultimately, to an ELF file. This is the point
that I am at now. (hardware device is in a 500 series, as defined in the document files)
I loaded Studio 6.2, and tried the programmer with that. Did not work. :'(
HOWEVER, the source file DID make an ELF file. At that point, my 500 programmer would not
work with studio 6.2, but the program requested a 600 version. I looked this up, and it was
expensive. Tried to use the 6.2 studio ELF file to be loaded from the Studio 4 platform, to the
Axon, but did not work. (Was a long shot, just wanted the thing to work.  >:(  )
Trying to use programmers and files from different platforms will not work, as libraries and
protocols are different.(I found out the hard way). If you can derive a solution, Please advise.  :'(

Get Your Ad Here

data_list