Author Topic: Pi Robot using OpenCV  (Read 4489 times)

Offline keithbrownTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Pi Robot using OpenCV
« on: January 04, 2017, 03:04:18 PM »
Hello world!

This is my first post! Glad to be a part of the community.

I'll get right to it; I'm trying to build a robot that does quite a bit of AI using image manipulation and object recognition. I'm starting with a Raspberry Pi 3, and have, so far, implemented a node server where it displays facial recognition and detection using a webcam and opencv.

I would like to experiment with voice commands, conversational speech and audible cues. I would like to do it in node, but this is where I'm asking for help. I dont know where to start - all the tutorials that I come across have primitive keyboard interfaces (cmd+c) to stop listening and what not...

Is it possible to setup an interface where i can simply say "robot, what was the score of last nights game?" using Google (or something) and not have to wait for a listening cue - or better yet - not have to say a trigger word "robot", and just use an audible proximity - have the robot detect if I'm talking to it using some sort of dopler range/ direction detection.

Ultimately, I would like to use a combination of these technologies to trigger image detection, processing and the associated AI in correlation with a cloud based javascript API.

I know it was a lot for a first post, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've scoured Pi forums and OpenCV forums  - "You're our only Hope!"

Thanks
Keith

Get Your Ad Here

data_list