General Misc > Robot Videos

Wii Nunchuck Controlled Robot

<< < (4/10) > >>

Admin:
are the Serial.whatever() commands for Wiring? or perhaps require some other header?

frank26080115:
Serial.whatever works in Arduino without doing anything extra
But you have to initialize it with Serial.begin(115200); in initialization process.

reSpawn:
Hi Frank! The Radio Module works "out of the box", I mean you don't need to configure anything? It works just like there would be a cable?

frank26080115:
it acts as an invisible wire, but only for digital signals (so only binary 0 and 1s, nothing in between), but it can't handle more than 2400 changes per second.

ALSO you must change the input to the transmitter every second or else the receiver starts to output junk, apparently this is not needed if you run the transmitter at 12V, but I didn't try that yet.

To use it for a serial connection, just connect the transmitter to the TX pin on your microcontroller, and the receiver to the RX pin on another microcontroller, and set the baud rate on both microcontrollers to 2400 baud.

The black and white answer is Yes, but with the above limitations you must look out for.
Dirt cheap compared to SparkFun, eh? Costs less than plain wire for that distance.

reSpawn:

--- Quote from: frank26080115 on December 18, 2007, 10:08:01 AM ---it acts as an invisible wire, but only for digital signals (so only binary 0 and 1s, nothing in between), but it can't handle more than 2400 changes per second.

ALSO you must change the input to the transmitter every second or else the receiver starts to output junk, apparently this is not needed if you run the transmitter at 12V, but I didn't try that yet.

To use it for a serial connection, just connect the transmitter to the TX pin on your microcontroller, and the receiver to the RX pin on another microcontroller, and set the baud rate on both microcontrollers to 2400 baud.

The black and white answer is Yes, but with the above limitations you must look out for.
Dirt cheap compared to SparkFun, eh? Costs less than plain wire for that distance.

--- End quote ---
What do you mean by "change the input to the transmitter every second" ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version