Author Topic: Radio Robots  (Read 1667 times)

Offline retro worldTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Radio Robots
« on: April 21, 2010, 01:08:41 PM »
I am really sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find it any where.

I was just thinking since in the tutorials section there is a tutorial about making a robot with radio control.

I am new to this robotics but I have been following it for a year now but not doing any practical practice because I do not have the tools yet. but I am a programmer for more than 4 years. so my question is why isn't there tutorials about how to program your robot using electrical signals. (radio signals) this will alow you to build a remote control and it will be very nice.

Offline waltr

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 99
Re: Radio Robots
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 01:58:43 PM »
Well the common way is to buy an RC set (transmitter, receiver and servos), modify two servos for continuous rotation to drive the wheels, plug the servos into the receiver and go. There just isn't any electronics or programming required.

Look for info on Battle Bots for RC control.

On the reverse side there are a number of threads here about using various radio links to send commands to a uController in the robot. Common radios are Bluetooth, XBees, WiFi and a few others. These normally don't require much knowledge of radio circuits but can take much programming. Since there are so many inexpensive radio modules available and since building radio receivers are rather difficult it isn't really worth the effort to build your own.

Offline retro worldTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Re: Radio Robots
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 11:48:10 AM »
thanks alot mate

Get Your Ad Here

data_list