Author Topic: Scrapping Robots  (Read 2088 times)

Offline ParthTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
Scrapping Robots
« on: June 05, 2008, 09:49:53 PM »
 Hey everybody! I was just thinking and came across this thought. Whenever you scrap robots, don't you get some sort of sadness? I mean, you spent all that time building it, and now you're going to tear it apart. I personally have never scrapped a robot, partially because I haven't had the chance to make one yet! However, when I do finally scrap one, I'll sort of miss it. Post if you know what I'm talking about or if this happens to you! I'm just curious.

Offline Rebelgium

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
  • It's called the future ... We like it here
    • orgcrime.net
Re: Scrapping Robots
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 01:11:43 AM »
The though of having to buy new servo's, IR sharps, ... with my hard earned cash saddens me even more.

So unless you have a nice budget (which you don't, because I read it in your other topic ;) ) you'll have to scrap 'em.
But don't worry, scrapping doen't mean you need to demolish it, just take all the elektronics off... You can leave the rest of the bot intact.
To relax after some hard work on robotics: A very fun free online text based MMORPG
orgcrime.net

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 10:18:30 AM »
Lol yeah, I guess you're right. I'd rather scrap than having to buy everything again.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 08:32:31 PM »
I definitely feel a sadness . . .

Sometimes an old robot just sits there for years, and over time loses parts one by one as I need them . . . poor Fuzzy has been 80% scrapped, but still sits on my shelf . . .

Other times, a robot is too embarrassing to keep around. You built it back when you were a noob - you've learned so much over the years, that pathetic bot on your shelf deserves to die! hehe

But the method that helps me the most is filming my robots. Takes tons and tons of film and pics of it working, and it'll live on that way.

Just an interesting stat . . . the orange caster wheels on ERP were used on like ~5 other robots . . .

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 05:14:07 PM »
Thanks for the replies! Thinking about it, it would be a good idea to take pictures and videos of your robot during and after construction just for the memories. Maybe that'll help me deal with the excruciating pain of loss while I'm scrapping my first robot  :P

data_list