Author Topic: atmega328-+-atmega8  (Read 2293 times)

Offline gshubham96Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
atmega328-+-atmega8
« on: June 20, 2011, 03:56:41 AM »
Hello,
Me and my friend are making a robot.The problem is that he works with atmega8, while i have arduino uno based on atmega 328. my question, can we transmit data b/w them?
the arduino uno will be on the transmitter side with the atmega 8 at the reciever side or vice-versa. we will be communicating through RF.
what will be the circuit and coding??
any help is appreciated
Regards,
Shubham

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
Re: atmega328-+-atmega8
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 04:39:35 PM »
Hi,

Me and my friend are making a robot.The problem is that he works with atmega8, while i have arduino uno based on atmega 328. my question, can we transmit data b/w them?
Sure, data is always just "0" and "1" on the root level, so you could even exchange data with a Cyber 205 (which you probably don't know ;D)

You just have to establish a common protocol for the data exchange to make it meaningful.
Using regular serial transmission on both, with eg. 2400 bps, 1 stop bit and no parity, should do.

what will be the circuit and coding??
The circuit you'll find in the datasheet for your specific transmitter and receiver modules, but it's probably just 0V, +5V, data in and a pin for the antenna on the transmitter and something similar on the receiver.
The coding will depend of the coding language, which you didn't mention, but will be regular serial transmit and receive commands.
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Offline gshubham96Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Re: atmega328-+-atmega8
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 11:53:32 AM »
Thx.. for the reply, i figured out how to do it, and i used processing lang ( virtualwire.h library)