Author Topic: Help, can anyone help me ID this robot??  (Read 1657 times)

Offline SeirpinTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Help, can anyone help me ID this robot??
« on: July 21, 2009, 08:34:46 PM »
I am just getting started in robotics and found the robot in the pictures, but it has no controller or anything.  Also no known ID or manufacturer labeled on the unit.  The seller believes it is a training unit of some kind, maybe made by Mitsubishi.  If anyone can help I would be very thankful.
If the picture does not show up (likely because I have no idea how to post a picture and can not find instructions at this late hour) the robot can be found on e-bay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Robot-arm-industrial-trainer-mitsubishi_W0QQitemZ180385142156QQcmdZViewItemQQptZBI_Robotics?hash=item29ffcad58c&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1205%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

Thanks in advance for your help.

Offline ericthered

• Helpful? 0
Re: Help, can anyone help me ID this robot??
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 07:26:31 PM »
Ah I have educational robot arm. Its circuit board had a serial port in it too without a microcontroller along with some software where you could move it around with the computer. I wanted to program the arm so I pulled the servo wires from the circuit board and attached them on to a parallax BS2 microcontroller on the board of education it worked beautifully though It could only control three servos at a time probally from lack of power (I used 4 AAs when the origonal used a 9 volt lazy me  ;D) it could use sensors and make decisions which was what I wanted it to do. I submitted it along with a camera bot that could advoid objects for my senior project.

I thought about making a tutorial about this on SoR but I didn't know if it would be consider useful by the community.

Offline gaurav.p

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
  • Go robotics
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 03:28:42 AM »
ericthered  it would be  gr8 if u write the tutorial in SoR.

-gaurav
Big Things Come In Small Packages!!!

Offline SmAsH

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 75
  • SoR's Locale Electronics Nut.
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 03:32:10 AM »
I thought about making a tutorial about this on SoR but I didn't know if it would be consider useful by the community.
+1 i think a tutorial on this would be great ;D
although it is a fairly basic feat, beginners with this kind of thing lying around would be thankful ;D
Howdy