go away spammer

Author Topic: my biped robot  (Read 1978 times)

Offline vipulan12Topic starter

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
my biped robot
« on: August 22, 2013, 03:07:45 PM »
hey guys, i have just made a simple,(cheaply made) biped robot with 4 servos and the arduino, it runs on 4 AA batteries in series 6 volts approx

after building it and programming it to walk , the robot tends to fall very often
the moment one leg moves it falls in its direction

of course to solve this i could either make the feet of the robot wider

or add another servo and an accelerometer to shift its weight to compensate for the movement of weight

but are there any other solutions?
thanks

Offline newInRobotics

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 48
  • N.I.R.
Re: my biped robot
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 02:56:35 AM »
Other option would be to have more joints in legs, 2 for hip, 1 for knee and 2 for ankle, which results in 5 servos per leg. Having that would help You to shift robot weight from one leg to the other while stepping.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian W

Offline jwatte

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 82
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 11:52:19 AM »
Other options:

-Make the feet bitter, typically using "C" style feet that interlock with each other.
-Use a statically stable walking gait, where the center-of-gravity is never outside of the area-of-support.

Offline vipulan12Topic starter

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 03:59:15 PM »
what do mean by stable "gait"?

Offline jwatte

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 82
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 12:30:38 AM »
The "gait" is the movements that make the robot walk.

A "statically stable gait" uses enough foot contact at all times such that the robot center of mass is always within the ground contact polygon of the feet.

For example, two "C" style brackets that interlock can easily provide this. See my Little Walker robot for an example of such a foot arrangement (it walks with a total of 3 servos.)

Get Your Ad Here