go away spammer

Author Topic: Streaming footage from a RF camera  (Read 1298 times)

Offline branconyoungTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Streaming footage from a RF camera
« on: October 27, 2011, 06:54:28 AM »
I am currently working on a senior project for my computer science degree and I am wondering how difficult it would be to stream footage received from a RF camera.

My plan is to put this camera onto a helicopter, and then stream the video so it can be accessed any where in the world. I am already able to control the RC helicopter via the internet, although I am currently not able to see where it is going! Would there be a better way  of streaming this footage via any other technology?

This is the camera I am looking at
http://www.hobbytron.com/Mini-Wireless-Micro-Spy-Camera-2-4-GHz-.html

Thanks in advance for any help given.

Brandon

Offline newInRobotics

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 48
  • N.I.R.
Re: Streaming footage from a RF camera
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 07:40:43 AM »
Transmission range of the camera is only 150m, hence receiver has to be not further than 150m away from heli. To increase the distance You can always use 3G, in that case, heli can be truly controlled from anywhere in the world.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian W

Offline branconyoungTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Re: Streaming footage from a RF camera
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 09:20:56 PM »
This is true, I am thinking about just using the iPhone as the camera and setting up a face-time or skype session to an ipad on the ground. The using a separate ipod touch to communicate to a home server linked to a micro controller which will trigger the controls on the RC controller. This way I can really control it from any where in the world.

My only real question is which helicopter would be able to carry an iphone. I am looking at this one right now(http://www.xheli.com/wala400me24c.html#scProductReviews)

if anyone has any advice or tips please let me know!

Thanks again

Get Your Ad Here

data_list